Halfmask respirator

Halfmask respirator

Desiccant dryer solves moisture related problems at a chlorine liquifaction plant FULLY AUTOMATIC FILTER PRESSES RECESSEDAND MEMBRANE PLATES FILTRATIO...

154KB Sizes 0 Downloads 82 Views

Desiccant dryer solves moisture related problems at a chlorine liquifaction plant FULLY AUTOMATIC FILTER PRESSES RECESSEDAND MEMBRANE PLATES FILTRATION, CAKE WASHING AND DRYING IN ONE SINGLE UNIT WITHOUT ANY INTERMEDIATE HANDLING KNOW-HOW, PLANTS, MACHINERY, FOR SOLID-LIQUID SEPARATION

l

AUTOMATIC AND MANUAL FILTER PRESSES

l

BELT PRESSES

l

FEED PUMP

l

ANCILLARY EQUIPMENT

DlEMMEaoa ViaBedam: 1 48022 LUGO(Ra)lTALY TEL.O-545-35890 TELEX550409- OIEMMEI FAXO-545-30358

DlEMME

We exhibit: ACHEMA 1991 g-15/06/91 FRANKFURT HALL5 STANDE24-25

FILTRI

condensing and freezing of moisture in the air supply used for driving pneumatically operated control valves at a new ICI chlorine liquifaction plant caused operational problems to such an extent that the process would have to be shut down for hours at a time. This cost thousands of pounds in lost production as well as affecting other down stream processing plants due to the lack of chlorine supply. Initially the -3O’C dewpoint moisture content of the air at the plant was adequate for existing instrumentation, but the addition of a new liquifaction facility required it to operate at lower dewpoint temperatures. The result was that moisture in the pneumatic feeds to the actuator valves condensed, froze and brought the plant off line. In this condition up to 3 hrs of production time could be lost until the ambient temperatures thawed the air supplies. This led to inefficiencies in the liquifaction

The

Halfmask respirator

Baxter Protection has improved its PNEUSEAL halfmask respirator to meet the forthcoming European standard EN140. The mask is approved to HSE (Health & Safety Executive) standards and conforms to COSHH requirements and incorporates a unique face-pad that has an adjustable pneumatic cushion to ensure a close and comfortable fit to the facial contours.

process for up to 12 hrs and production was reduced considerably. An effective solution to the problem was brought about by installing a wall mounted Balston ‘lype 76.20 automatic air dryer into the local air supply line. The regenerating desiccant dryers reduce the pressure dewpoint of the compressed air to below 70°C. The dryer incorporates oil and water removal filters, automatic drams and particulate filters. Air is passed through the two-stage coalescing filters and is then channelled to the desiccant towers which alternate at regular intervals. An electronic control system sends 80% of the air stream through one tower for drying while the remaining 20% is used as a purge to dry the stand-by tower. The dried ah then passes through a high efficiency solids filter to prevent carry over of the desiccant. flalston, Monckton’s Lane, Maidstone, Kent ME14 208. (UK)

It is fabricated from a nondermatitic rubber with a supple latex surround for additional comfort. The introduction of the mask follows the announcement of a new range of Baxter filters to meet the 1992 European Standards EN141 and EN143 for the protection against dust, gas and vapour hazards. Baxter Protection, Leyland & Birmingham Rubber, Go/den Hi// Lane, Leyland, Lanes PR5 7UB 141